Taylor Ray's Reviews > Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker by Anthony Horowitz

U 50x66
Dec 06, 11

Read in November, 2011

I really enjoyed reading the book "Stormbreaker". I thought this book was very upbeat and i was interested the whole book. The book is good for anyone who likes mystery and action books. The book starts out with Ian Rider, the main character, recieving news from a police officer about his uncle passing away in a car accident. Ian doesn't know what to think about this because he had not heard anything about earlier. Ian then recieves a notification to come into a meeting with a secret organization, which tells him his uncle was a spy for them and that is why the death was kept a secret.
Alex is then put in a position to take his uncles spot as a spy for MI6. I think this is very cool, because i think it would be awesome to go undercover to solve a mystery and be given the opportunities he is given. Stormbreaker is a computer system that is said to make children learn faster and better by sitting behind a computer. The reason Alex is sent to check these computers out is because the creator of the computer is donating millions and millions of them and they find that to be a little suspicious. Alex relates to myslef a little bit when he goes to the place to test out the computer he is fascinated by the tools he is given and thinks that his trip was going to be a fascinating one.
Alex then finds himself in some trouble when he discovers all of his tools had been stolen. He now knows that the agency he is spying on is on to him. He finds another peron spying there with him and she helps him to find a way to survive. With that being said the agency creating the computers used a fake undercover lady on their side and it ended Alex up in a giant fish tank witha hug jellyfish. Alex thinks he is going to die at this point. I think that Alex is pretty mature and brave here to keep his calm. Alex end up making it out of the tank and the computers are about to be given to schools all over the county.
When Alex makes it out he uses a parachute and goes to the grand opening. When he gets there he shoots the guy that is handing out all of these computers. It turns out that all of the computers, when turned on, shot a blast of smallpox gas out. This was a giant attack on our Nations people. Alex prevented all of these deaths by shooting the creator of these computers. I think this is a very good book. I would rate it an 8 out of 10, because it was full of action and mystery, but it only had one main character which i didn't like. I would recomment anyone to read this book, but mainly guys in their high school ages. Overall this is my second favorite book and i would recommend anyone taking a look at it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stormbreaker.