Matthew's Reviews > War of the Worldviews: Science vs. Spirituality

Mar 11, 12

bookshelves: brent-matt-bookclub, kindle
Recommended to Matthew by: Brent Hawley
Read from January 01 to March 11, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Well, I think I can say that I'm glad that I read this. It was a bit over my head and challenged me to think deeper than I normally do when I read. I went into the book thinking that I would most certainly agree with the Spirtuality side of the war, however, I found myself agreeing more with Leonard in the science camp. I found Deepak Chopra's views too extreme and unsupported by substance to grasp hold of. My personal worldviews would probably be a slightly augmented version of the science view, I believe that the science that we have found can still have originated from the hand of a creator, God.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War of the Worldviews.

01/03/2012
01/03/2012
11.0% "Interesting so far. I want to follow the spirituality line of thinking but am relating more with the science mindset. I think I'm wrong and that they can't coexist. It will be interesting to see how this plays out."
01/16/2012
24.0% "This book is quite technical in some aspects, so far Deepak has not done a very good job convincing me that there is a lot of merit in his spirituality argument."
show 7 hidden updates…