Kathy's Reviews > Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson

Aug 13, 08

bookshelves: book-club, gave-up-on, inspirational, biography, poverty
Read in August, 2008

I thought this book was really inspiring and interesting, but I guess I just lost steam. I have tried and tried to finish it, but I just can't seem to get through it. I'm never in the mood to pick it up, or when I do I fall asleep! I got through the first half pretty well and really enjoyed it, even though I felt like it required a lot of concentration so I wasn't really motoring through it. I had to keep renewing it and returning it to the library and checking it out again. I worked my way through most of it, but I finally decided to throw in the towel since it's due again, even though I'm not that far from the end. I'm just tired of trying to make myself read it.

I was quite impressed with Greg Mortensen's determination. It really is quite amazing how much he was able to accomplish and what an influence he has had. I also enjoyed learning more about that part of the world (Pakistan) that I was not very familiar with. It definitely, along with Randy Pausch's book The Last Lecture that I just read, made me think a lot about what I want to accomplish in my life and what my dreams are. I can't say I've come to any conclusions, but it has got me thinking anyway. I guess the fact that I couldn't finish the book shows me that I need to develop a little more focus and concentration before I can accomplish anything very important though!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Cups of Tea.