Marsha's Reviews > A Bloody Good Secret

1991207
Dec 07, 11

Recommended for: Adults
Read on December 07, 2011, read count: Once

It is so much fun to stumble upon a series that you truly enjoy. That is the case for me with Secret McQueen. This series has everything I truly enjoy in a urban fantasy: a kick butt herione, quirky supporting characters with fangs and fur, sarcasm, hot love, and a real who- dunnit that keeps you guessing.

In "A Bloody Good Secret," our herione is reeling from the revelations of all of her most precious secrets to the people she least wants to find out. Additionally, she has been hired to kill the vampire who has befriended her for six years and protected her. Her were boy toys know she is part vampire and werewolf and she does the only thing a self respecting herione can do: she runs! After escaping to her grandmere's farm, she hides out for 3 months until she is told she should go home. However, before she can decide to do just that, she is kidnapped and returned to New York by the head of the vampire council, Sig.

Once in New York she is reunited with Desmond her were love interest and Lieutenant to the Were King. However, she and the King are still arguing over their relationship and her role in the pack. I must admit, while Secret seems to spend her time with Desmond, I would prefer she drop him and spend time with Lucas the King.

Secret must find out why she has been given the unthinkable task of killing Holden all while trying to fight her ever increasing attraction to two vampires and two weres. This love quadrangle is my only source of irritation with this series. No one is that desirable or that confused. I hope Sierra Dean resolves this soon because it can be pretty irritating. Pick up the series, read it for yourself and enjoy!

S

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bloody Good Secret.