Joey's Reviews > Hawksong

Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

U_50x66
Dec 06, 11

Read in November, 2011

I believe the author wrote this book not for educational purposes, but to give an audience something excititng to read. Hawksong is the first book of the series, so I think she wrote the book to give readers a good book to read and to give them something to look forward to after finishing the book. If this book this book was appealing to someone, they will be tempted to pick the next book and read that one as well.

The theme of this book is similar to the theme of Romeo and Juliet. There are two oppposing sides, the Avians and the Serpiente. One of the Avians ends up falling for the Serpiente King's younger brother. The Avians want to create peace between the two, but it would never happen. The theme of this book shows that peace and happiness is better than hatred and fighting.

This book was written as a narration. It was written as a story that is told by a narrator. It is effective because it gives the story from a certain perspective that shows both sides and makes the story entertaining.

I personally did not like this book. It really just wasn't my type and it did not appeal to me the way I thought it would. I don't really enjoy reading love stories, but if you enjoy love stories you will like this book. I liked the way the two sides were set up, and the fighting part of it. I would change the theme of the book from love to more of a rivalry fighting type.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hawksong.