Jennifer's Reviews > The Gray Wolf Throne

The Gray Wolf Throne by Cinda Williams Chima

Dec 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fiction, fantasy, teen
Read in December, 2011

Another well written, epic fantasy adventure from Chima. The third book in the quartet picks up about a month later from the last book. While the story still moves slowly, I felt that the faults that I found from the second book were largely resolved in this book. As with the previous two books, this one was rich in character and plot development. Raisa and Han are both great, complex heroes worth rooting for, and the rest of the characters were multi-dimensional and all very interesting. Once again, I enjoyed how the lines between good and evil are blurred, and how everyone has their own agenda, even if they are on the same side. The political intrigue played more of a prominent part in this book than the last two, and while I usually don't enjoy such books, Chima did a wonderful job in balancing it with action and romance so that the reader doesn't get bored. I am very much looking forward to the next, and last, book of the series, which doesn't come out until fall 2012.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gray Wolf Throne.