Clydene's Reviews > Sisterhood of Dune

Sisterhood of Dune by Brian Herbert

Jan 06, 12

Read in December, 2012

I love the continuation with the Dune series by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. Yes, it is not Frank Herbert, but it is as close as you are going to get, and it is Wonderful.

I got an ARC of the book. It is really great. I love the Dune series that Kevin and Brian have written. It keeps the story alive for me.

Perhaps I loved Sisterhood of Dune best because it dealt with what I think is the best part of the Dune story line, the Bene Gesserit.

The authors have done a great job telling the back story, although for me, I had already read what is called the Legends of Dune series, which includes the Butlerian Jihad, the Machine Crusade and Dune:the Battle of Corrin. You don't need to read these books to enjoy this book, but I enjoy the series and it is impossible for me view this with fresh eyes, the back story is told very well, so you don't need to read the other books.

Although I read an ARC of the book I also got the audiobook so I can hear Scott Brick add his voice to this book. For me he is the voice of the Dune series.

It is a great telling of the background of Bene Gesserit School and how the Mentats developed.

For me it closed the loop on a lot of things just mentioned in the original Dune series and started a new chapter.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisterhood of Dune.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Would you have to read all the others first?

Clydene Well, you don't need to read all the other books, but it is hard to say not to read any. I think this book can stand on it's own. If I were starting out today. I would read the Legend Series first, the what I call the House Books, then the Dune series. I did not like the violence in the House books, especially House Harkonnen what they call the Legends of Dune series. I loved the Butlerian Jihad, Machine Crusade. I think that you can read this book with out reading the others, except you might want to read the Legend Series first...everything falls into place after that.

The hard part is I did read everything else before this book.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Thanks!

message 1: by SandChigger (new) - added it

SandChigger Um, the Legends books tell the story of the Butlerian Jihad. The "House" books are known as the "Preludes (to Dune)". Just FYI. :)