Kirsten Mellin's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Dec 29, 14

Read from December 17 to 25, 2014

I have read the complete serious (a couple times-maybe even a few) as a young adult and have decided to re-visit the wizard world.
I love that J.K. Rowling has such an imagination and a way to create such well loved or hated characters. You instantly dislike characters like Malfoy and love characters like the Hermoine. You even go as far to really emphasize with Harry and his sadness and joys.
I love the Harry Potter series as a whole, but the second book I have always felt was too similar to the first. I especially dislike review writing. If you haven't read the first book you most likely won't be reading the second, so let's not recap things that happened in the first. I find that annoying! However, I did enjoy finding out more detail about his connection with Voldemort. Plus, she did very well at tying everything together ie. Hagrid, the spiders, Moaning Myrtle, Tom Marvolo Riddle, and so much more to make a well written in-depth story.
This book is probably my least favorite Harry Potter book, but I would still recommend all of the Harry Potter books to anyone that enjoys fantasy fiction. :-D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.