Cindy's Reviews > The Savage Grace

The Savage Grace by Bree Despain

Dec 06, 2011

bookshelves: chemistry-a-plenty, favorites, tortured-heroes, unforgettable-heroines, werewolves
Read from April 23 to 26, 2012

This was my favorite out of the whole series, and I was glad it was a long read in fact it could have even been longer I wouldn't have minded. I was that caught up in the story and the emotions of the characters. Mrs. Despain writes these amazing characters that you really feel, whether it's their joy or their pain and it is intense with all those big werewolf emotions are concerned lol. This story did make me laugh out loud and cry which I was a little surprised by. This story is full of action and suspense. Whether the town or Calab trying to kill them, or dissension among the ranks the pages just kept flying by.
Poor Daniel is stuck as the great White Wolf, and Grace is searching for the answer to help him change back, at the same time trying to fight her inner wolf from changing her. She also is dealing with the fact her mother has been institutionalized and may never come home. A brother who she is unsure if she can trust. The Lost Boys ( Daniels new pack) needing a roof over there heads, the town wanting to kill the howling wolf, and finally wondering when Caleb will come back to try and kill them. As you can see there is a lot going on, but all in a good way. I loved every minute and was glued to my kindle. The plot moved quickly and the writing was well done a few typos the editor should have caught. I loved how the story/events all played out it was perfect and done smoothly. I love these characters they are so well done. Daniel is swoon worthy and awesome always thinking of Grace, and it is so sweet, he is always think of his pack and Grace and how to keep them all safe, he is awesome. Grace is amazing in this book she really shows what she is made of, she is sweet, smart, courageous and tough when she needs to be, she takes care of those she loves and has an amazing forgiving heart. I was glad to have Jude back in this story, he has many demons in his life to overcome. Talbot is quite the guy he is cute and sweet with Grace, and mysteries the type of guy you love to hate. The ending was really well done tying up all the lose ends and leaving me feeling satisfied. Great series the old saying "Save the Best for Last" definitely applies here. Enjoy!

language handful
clean romance

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Savage Grace.

04/23/2012 page 28
04/24/2012
58.0% "This one is soooo good!"
04/26/2012
100.0% "This one was my favorite out of the series, soooo glad I read it. :)"

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather I'm curious to see if you like this. I enjoyed the first book, but didn't much care while reading the second one so now I hate to buy this one, because I just don't really even care enough to find out how it ends. I'll watch for your review. :)

Cindy I know what you are mean, I almost didn't buy it either. I didn't really care for the second one all that much either. This one was a lot better I thought. Writing was better, plot tighter. There were a couple behavior issues, but nothing to over the top. This was my favorite out of all three. Hope this helps.:D

message 3: by TJ (new)

TJ Agh! Bree Despain is an author I've been meaning to try. You are driving me crazy with these great reviews, now I want to read them all! :)

Cindy lol glad you are enjoying them. This and her first book were my favorite, this one I could hardly put down. I am a sucker for a good werewolf story:)