Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections's Reviews > Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James

Dec 06, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-reads, bdsm, contemporary, erotica, favorite, review, romance, series
Recommended for: Contemporary Romance Fans, Erotic Romance Fans, BDSM fans
Read from December 06 to 28, 2011 , read count: 1

Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James is another stunner of a novel and a great ending to her Fifty Shades Trilogy. Even though Chrisitan and Ana are now married, the excitement and intensity between the couple has not diminished. In fact, I think it was stepped up a notch. To add some levity to the serious issues dealt with in the novel are Ana’s inner goddess and subconscious and the snarky e-mail diatribes between Christian and Ana.

As the happy couple are enjoying their phenomenal honeymoon abroad, they still have Christian’s mercurial emotional swings and possessiveness to deal with. That being said, it adds to the voracity of the on-going healing process that Christian must face in order to heal. It is Ana’s love, understanding, and many compromises that continue to help him dig out of his dark emotional hole.

While trying to deal with his inner demons, Ana has some personal battles of her own to wage. Even though it is her deepest wish to set Christian free from his personal demons, she finds herself needing to exert her independence and fight for some autonomy so that she continues to be her own person, not his possession.Adding to the angsty issues in the relationship is the antagonistic plot of the who-done-it portion of the story that began in the previous books in this trilogy. Running these two distinct plots side by side makes reading this book doubly enjoyable.

E.L. James is a wonderful story teller. Her voice is smooth and keeps the story going like a well oiled machine. Once you start, it is hard to put Ms. James‘ book down. She gives her stories eroticism, emotional poignancy, humor and peppers it all with suspense to keep her readers very entertained.

Fifty Shades Freed is the perfect finish to the trilogy. The ONLY complaint I have is that Ana and Christian’s story has come to a conclusion. I know I can revisit them when by re-reading this series; but, it is just not the same. I lament the fact that their story has come to an end. I highly recommend this book to all romance readers; however, I really think you should read the first two books in the trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker) to get the full impact of this story. This novel will mean so much more to you as a reader when you become completely invested in these two characters.

Happy Reading from Bona Fide Reflections!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Freed.

Quotes Laurielu Liked

E.L. James
“Christian, you are the state lottery, the cure for cancer, and the three wishes from Aladdin's lamp all rolled into one”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Freed
tags: love

12/07/2011
3.0% "Ms. James GREAT prologue!!! Wow! And I am so happy to have Fifty and Ana back in my life again. Sure have missed her inner goddess. I think my inner goddess my mine were twins separated at birth." 1 comment
12/15/2011
9.0% "OMGosh! I want a Christian Grey punishment f*ck! Being married has not kept Ana & Christian from remaining a very interesting couple. WOW!" 13 comments
12/15/2011
11.0% "What I meant to say is that marriage has NOT dampened the ardor between Ana and Christian. But, I have this foreboding feeling the pit of my stomach... yikes!" 9 comments
12/18/2011
18.0% "Oooo Mrs. Grey is doing some fancy maneuvering through traffic. I think her subconscious should be proud."
12/19/2011
24.0% "Mmmmm... Ana and Fifty are up to some kinky feckery. LOVE IT!"
12/20/2011
33.0% ""I could stay wrapped in his arms like this, sated and happy forever." *dreamy sigh* I really need a Ffity for my very own."
12/22/2011
48.0% "OMGosh. My heart is just twisted up into a knot over Fifty. I am just so in love with him. He wants to learn and do right." 3 comments
12/23/2011
56.0% "Awwww.... Elliot and Kate! Squee!!!" 3 comments
12/27/2011
81.0% "Holy CRAP!!! Things are getting crazy... out of hand crazy! I can't stop reading and go to sleep. I must find out how this works itself out.. Yeesh!"
12/27/2011
92.0% "*sniff* true healing."

Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly Ahhhh! I can't believe your reading this already!

Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections I am loving it too!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey how did you get it!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH I can't even pre order on kindle or nook!!!!!!!!!! Somebody help me!!!!

Mistress SuckMyBlackDagger ueah.. i second that.. how did you get it?

Ollie OMG I CAN'T wait to read this. All the comments have me wondering what happened!