Josie's Reviews > Don't Know Much About History: Everything You Need to Know About History but Never Learned

Don't Know Much About History by Kenneth C. Davis

Dec 30, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from December 06 to 26, 2011

I felt like I needed a review of American history, and also a better sense of how it all flowed, having learned a bit about this time period in this grade, and a bit about another time period in another grade. I was expecting this book to be a bit of a chore, and anticipated assigning myself a certain number of pages a week, as I have to do with a lot of non-fiction. Instead I found it to be quite the page turner! When I wasn't reading, I found myself wondering what I would learn next, and eagerly choosing it over my novel. While much of it was review, I did learn quite a bit more, and there were wonderful antidotes here and there within sections I already knew a lot about that kept me engaged. I look forward to reading other books by Mr. Davis in the future!

Oh, and no surprise that Mrs. Weaver's 5th grade class taught me a more thorough understanding of the colonial period that I had of any other section of American history.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Know Much About History.