Princess Bookie's Reviews > Because It Is My Blood

Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin

Jun 14, 12

bookshelves: sept12wl, read2012
Read from June 13 to 14, 2012

My Thoughts: We are back with Anya, you may remember her by her family or even as the girl who was dating Win. She’s pretty well known, as being a criminal.

We are thrust back into her life, as she is in Liberty Children’s Facility, serving out her sentence.

She’s released and gets to go back with her family for a limited time. She gets to see her best friend Scarlett who is dating her ex boyfriend. And then there is Win, sweet sweet Win who she must stay away from. Than she is thrown back into the system again. She must find a way out. She just can’t stay locked up, it's not right, especially since it's not deserved. She ends up getting out and leaving the country for a while. She meets a new friend named Theo. He teaches her a lot.

She comes back to the states and is reunited with her family again. But its not safe. People are trying to kill them. Anya doesn’t know quite what to do. She wants to be the head of the family and the chocolate business, but at what cost?

The second novel in the Birthright trilogy was pretty darn good. I wouldn’t say it was the best thing ever, but I did enjoy it a lot. There were a lot of twists and turns to keep me guessing. I also liked the new addition of characters, and the way they played out. I also liked learning more about Mouse and I hope she plays a major part in the next novel. I really do hope so.

Because It Is My Blood was a great read. I think it ties up a lot of unanswered questions from the first novel, and I loved where everything went in this novel. And the ending, pretty good. It really makes me look forward to the next one!

Overall: I really really enjoyed it a lot. A one day read for me. I did take a few breaks but finished it fairly quickly because I was hooked into the story pretty easily and fast.

Oh, Anya, how I love you as a character. You are so strong and smart.

Cover: Like it, but I don’t love it. Just feels like its missing something.

What I'd Give It: 4/5 Cupcakes
__________
Taken From Princess Bookie
www.princessbookie.com
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because It Is My Blood.

06/13/2012 page 30