Kate Hinderer's Reviews > Out of Control

Out of Control by Mary Connealy

Dec 06, 11

For years, Rafe Kincaid has lived with what he did to his brother when they were children. The memory of the cave and surrounding rock formations is still strong now that he operates the family ranch. He watched his two brothers turn tail and run as soon as they have the opportunity; while Rafe tries to conquer the fear by occasionally returning their childhood playground.

But when he returns one night and finds Julia Gilliland trapped and alone in the cave, things begin to change. Rafe feels the need to protect this young curious newcomer, despite the disapproval of his suddenly reappearing brother, Ethan.

The man who trapped Julia in the cave is out to finish the job; and Rafe is ready to step in and play the knight.

This is the first book in The Kincaid Brides series.

What I Thought:

I wanted to like this book, especially since it was about cowboys and the wild west. But the whole time I was reading it I kept waiting for 'something' to happen that would really capture me - but that never came.
The inevitable romance between Julia and Rafe didn't feel like love at all. It just felt like the whole thing was written in because that was 'expected.'
Julia goes on and on about caves and her desires to be scholastic. Rafe is completely and utterly lost about what she says. The incompatibility of the two surprised me at times.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Control.