Rachel's Reviews > The Ultimate Gift

The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall

Dec 06, 11

Read in December, 2011

I read this for my book club. And if you are looking to get preached at by a self-righteous old man who thinks you are stupid and don't need believable characters or varied vocabulary, have I got a book for you!

Of course the message is good and the author seems like a really impressive person. He's just a horrible, horrible writer. It's beyond heavy handed; he uses the word "simply" so much it lost meaning to me; the narrator is an unlikable, holier-than-thou old man; the young man who supposedly needs so much help is really not such a bad guy, no matter how much the old guy and his secretary bemoan how little progress they are making; it is so cheesy I was uncomfortable conceding any valid points that may have been made; I could go on.

To its credit, it's short. To its detriment, it should have been much shorter. Like, email-forward-from-your-grandma-with-pictures-of-teddy-bears-eskimo-kissing shorter.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ultimate Gift.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela I'm 80 pages into the book, and I already agree with this review 100% this book is so unbelievable and bad. Anyone could have written this!