Gina's Reviews > Wait Until Midnight

Wait Until Midnight by Amanda Quick

Jan 12, 12

Read from January 11 to 12, 2012

Adam is a serious business man who is close to his family and wants to keep secrets about them hidden. Caroline is a serial book author who has built a life for herself after scandal wrecked her three years previous. A fake medium's murder causes their paths to cross and lots of investigating and lovin' ensue.

This is the third book I've read by Quick. One was in the top 5 historical romances I've ever read. The other wouldn't even make the top 100. This one falls enjoyably in the middle - a quick fun read with characters I like and a relatively believable plot. This book excels in the relationship of all the secondary characters with the H/h. I enjoy books in which main characters don't live in a vacuum, and the family interaction truly added something here. This does seem to be a stand alone, but I wish there were more books with Adam's siblings as main characters and more from Caroline's aunts and Adam's "father." I loved that dynamic and want more that this book didn't give me. Now that I've read a few of Quick's books, she seems to trend toward competent, have their life together characters who are honest with each other, much like Adam and Caroline in this book. Its so nice to read H/h who are adults, make adult decisions, accept the consequences of those decisions, and don't try to manipulate or change the other for the love to work. It is that about this book and Quick's other work that will keep me reading her backlist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait Until Midnight.