Angela's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Feb 06, 2013

bookshelves: books-read, favorites, own
Read from December 06 to 13, 2011

Okay... okay... okay... OKAY! I can't live without knowing what is to happen. Seriously Cassandra? Spare us the woe of waiting and at least not leave off with a cliffhanger! Ah, you cruel women. Alas, it is a very genius way to end a book. It leaves your reader's no choice BUT to buy/borrow the next book a year from now. Clever, clever, Miss Clare!

Shall we move on to a more important discussion?

This book will not disappoint. I'm not some fan-five-rating-of-every-book-girl, that does not take a book apart and critique it down to its very core. No, no, no, no. That is certainly not me.
This book deserves the honorable five stares because it is clear as sparkly water (cause just saying water is too vague). Cassandra is clearly a great writer. Recently I watched someone review "Shatter me" and they made an excellent point. When reading a story, the words should be invisible to you. You shouldn't be able to see them. If a writer is good at what they do, you don't see words but the world, emotions, sights, actions, and characters. You see them as clear as that non-vague water. The words should produce a film inside your mind. That is exactly what happened while reading Clockwork Prince. I was so engrossed in this book, saw images of Will, Jem, Tessa and those ugly demons, flash before my eyes. It was incredible. Truly, applause to you Cassandra. I hope to one day be as great of a writer as you. Inspirational, truly, inspirational.

My only complaint, because, yes, I have one, is the beginning was kind of slow. Day after day they try to find Mortmain and it became utterly dull. It picked up and definitely made up for it. The plot was well thought out and perfect. I couldn't ask for better characters, happenings, scenario's, surprises, and disappoints. Oh, Will. You always have me.

I, again will say, absolutely love the writing in this. I love history, anything 1800's, and the writing and details captured this era perfectly. The way characters spoke and acted was perfected. You can tell Cassandra really did her research, and it shows!

I say this all the time when books are amazing, but it's so true, I am utterly speechless. Especially after that ending. WOW, so wasn't expecting that.

Again, I rated this five stars because it deserves five stars. So Tessa was annoying at points, I got over it. So she loves both Will and Jem, I got over it and accepted it. I think people rated this a three because of how REAL the characters were. Hello, Tessa is a real character. She's confused, helpless, and smart. She isn't dumb. How would you like to be torn between two people you loved? Ah, you'd certainly do what was best in your heart.

I just really had to speak on behalf of Tessa. She needed somebody to voice for her.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

12/08/2011 page 112
22.0% "I LOVE Will, no matter what! Gah, I'm loving this. I'm taking my time reading this cause I don't want it to end ^.^"
show 1 hidden update…