Susan's Reviews > Very Valentine

Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani

Dec 13, 11

Read from December 06 to 12, 2011

Very Valentine, is about a 34 year old, Valentine. She lives with her grandmother. Her grandmother, has been in custom made bridal shoes for years. Her grandmother is 80 year old, and Valentine, is learning from the master. But, Valentine finds out, that the business is in trouble.
They need to find a way to get back in the black.

Her grandmother and Valentine decide to take a trip to Italy, and learn the trade of the business. It turns out it is more of a business trip for Valentine, then her grandmother. Since her grandmother, sees her old flame.

Back in NYC, her boyfriend Roman, has been making plans to join Valentine and her grandmother. But, the restaurant is in trouble and Roman can't leave. He decides to sort out the problems of his restaurant instead. This causes problems for Valentine, and Roman. Since both of them are so involved in their work. You will just have to find out what happens next.

I enjoyed reading Very Valentine. I read it for our book club. I was afraid to read it. The last time I read one of Adrianna Trigianni's novels I was disappointed with the Stone Gap series. I could not connect with the characters. But, this time around I did. I enjoyed, reading about Valentine, and her family. It reminded me of a Fat Greek Wedding.

The book was more of a fun romp, a beach read,just to escape, but I enjoyed it. Some people did not enjoy, but I read it, and I am glad I did. Thanks Shelly for recommending it for our book club.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Very Valentine.

12/06/2011 page 75
20.0% "I am so glad I am reading a physical book, this time. I am enjoying the story."
12/07/2011 page 192
52.0% "I am enjoying this one so much better, than Stone Gap."
12/08/2011 page 232
63.0% "Loving it, so far."
12/09/2011 page 278
75.0% "I keep flipping those pages, I like the reference of Master of your trade."
show 4 hidden updates…