Dija's Reviews > Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: 2010, awww, buddy-slash-group-read, cotton-candy-fluff, cr, meh, read-in-2012, my-reviews
Recommended for: Fans of small town romances
Read from July 05 to 07, 2012

*Buddy read with Brit! You can read her review here.*

I generally tend to love small town romances, but I had a lot of trouble connecting with the characters in Simply Irresistible and that mostly ruined my enjoyment of the story.

Maddie is, simply put, a doormat. She regained some of her inner strength by the end, but throughout the story, I didn't really develop any feelings for her. I didn't like her, didn't hate her, she was just there. The only thing we have in common is our love for chips.

Jax is way too perfect with how he fell in love with Maddie at first sight, gave her space, was always there whenever she needed him, didn't push her for answers, cancelled meetings for her, etc. etc. He even built his own house and furniture! Really, this guy couldn't have been more ideal if he'd tried. Or more unrelatable. I would have preferred someone a little bit more human for a hero.

Chloe and Tara seem a lot more interesting than Maddie and Ford and Sawyer more than Jax so I'll definitely be continuing this series and reading their respective books. Overall, Simply Irresistible is a cute yet forgettable read, but the side characters intrigue me enough that I won't be giving up on the series just yet.

For more reviews, visit my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simply Irresistible.

07/05/2012
9.0% "

Boys are like drugs, her father had said. Just say no.

ROFL!" 12 comments
07/06/2012
32.0% "I think Jax is a little too charming. Ford and Sawyer seem more attainable." 1 comment
07/06/2012
50.0% "Still missing the connection..." 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sandra Louise Not even finished it yet and I'm struggling to connect its not a book that i cant put down, i can put it down and leave it for days....glad I'm not alone!