Loy Machedo's Reviews > The No Complaining Rule: Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work

The No Complaining Rule by Jon Gordon

Dec 05, 11

Of all the years, first as an employee and then as a professional trainer and speaker, I have never come across any company that had its employees & employers not complain about each other.
Almost every company has this problem. Not just company. Every family, every relationship and everyone else.
In fact you don’t have to go very far.
If you have anyone that closely resembles anything like me (apart from all the ink all over my body) working in your company, it would be highly profitable for you to terminate him on the spot. And may be that was exactly the reason, I decided to purchase this book – I wanted to see for myself if it had anything to stop my constant nagging, hiccups and bouts of gossiping and complaining.
Jon Gordon’s The No Complaining Rule is a very small 136 paged easy to read story book that does capture the very essence of what the author wants to communicate. I liked his story telling ability and the points of wisdom at various points of the book. In fact, what I loved the most was the ability to connect day-to-day incidents and make it so interest to want to read it further.
There is lot of take home value if you do read this book.

But now here comes the million dollar question – how much of what the book suggests, is possible? I mean is it possible to live in a near perfect world where everything can be applied – where all complains can be handled or stopped? That is however, the big question. I think the even bigger question is the willingness of others to want to apply most of the principles outlined here.

However, with all my skepticism I would still vouch for this book and highly recommend it as a good read and a worth-while travel companion in case you are looking to kill time while travelling. Is has the wisdom wrapped in a wonderful story and served with an interesting series of events.
Do buy the book.
And if in case you don’t like it…………..let me remind you……don’t complain.
Overall rating – 7 out of 10.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The No Complaining Rule.

message 1: by Sam (new)

Sam No complaining rule is a book to be read by everyone to make life smoother & sweeter ....