Alfredo's Reviews > Kill Alex Cross

Kill Alex Cross by James Patterson

M_50x66
Dec 05, 11

Another excellent outing by both James Patterson and Alex Cross...this time we find our hero crossing more into Jack Bauer territory than Criminal Minds, but it is still excellent and as always, fast paced.

I won't recap the story except to say it involves the kidnapping of presidential children, and terrorists running around in DC. It introduces an intriguing villain that is very different than other ones that Cross has chased in the past.

Keeping in mind this is beach reading, and thus not expected to be so thoroughly researched as say Ken Follet or old Tom Clancy, it still suffers from poor editing. I was annoyed when twice it was mentioned that somebody was in the rifle site rather than in the rifle sight, but that is not Patterson's fault, but rather poor editing.

I recommend this book if you want to lose a day or so without having to think too hard about the miseries of the human condition and you just want some escapist fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kill Alex Cross.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seena (new)

Seena Sharp Like a few other, I was also a bit disappointed in this one. I know a lot of folks have stopped reading Patterson, but since I've been reading his works for many years, I thought to give him another shot. Bad idea. If this was the first Patterson I read, I would not have read a second.