Melindeeloo's Reviews > A Taste of Midnight

A Taste of Midnight by Lara Adrian

Feb 19, 15

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, vampires
Read on December 05, 2011

A Taste of Midnight was just that, a nice little taste of Adrian's Midnight Breeds series.

Danika, who is the widowed mate of one of Gideon's Breed warriors, has returned to her dead mate's homeland and her outspoken-never-back-down-nature lands her in a pot of trouble with the scariest Breed around, Reiver, who makes his living pandering to Breed depravity. Now that Danika is in Reiver's sights his scarred bodyguard, Bran, is going to have to decide between the safety of Danika and her infant son, or the vengeance that is nearly within his grasp.

I enjoyed a Taste of Midnight, even thogh the "I love you's" come fast for and a few unwise moves on Danika's part are what put her in peril. Still there has to be major peril to get these two together in a short amount of space, and I thought that - and the fact that they aren't really strangers - made this work.

This is a nice little fill-in for Breeds fans, but for those new to the series and to Danika and the Breed world there probably won't appreciate it as much. (Breed fans there is a teaser for Chase's book - I am saving myself for the real deal, and keeping my fingers crossed that it is worth the wait and the hardback price.)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Taste of Midnight.