Jilly's Reviews > Hostage to Pleasure

Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh

Dec 05, 11

bookshelves: psy-changeling, favorites
Read in February, 2011

Excellent book. I really enjoyed the idea of a Psy who has been hiding her lack of Silence most of her life. I also enjoyed Ashaya's connection with her son and her twin sister.

While Ashaya seems to have potential as a character, her skills didn't seem to be widely used in this book. Yes, the book turns out to be about her research and her desire to see the Psy Council's development of a chip to control all Psy put to a stop, but at the same time she was mostly a being of emotion in this book. I hope that Ashaya is more of a valuable member to the Pack in coming books.

Dorian has always been an intriguing character. I'm very glad we got a book about him. I also loved the interaction between Dorian and Keenan (Ashaya's son). I also loved the interaction between Noor and Keenan.

Singh has done a wonderful job of making these world come to life and it only seemed to become more intricate with this story.

Something else I enjoyed about this story was the implied threat of the twin sister, Amara. Singh really developed a great enemy in her while at the same time providing a little hope for Ashaya that her sister might actually be worth saving. I actually do hope that Amara is redeemed at some point and that we get to see her become far-less obsessed with her sister and more involved in the world around her and the emotions that await her.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hostage to Pleasure.