Julia's Reviews > Don't Breathe a Word

Don't Breathe a Word by Jennifer McMahon

Dec 05, 11

Reviewed by Shannon at RexRobotReviews.com

15 years ago, Lisa left this world to be with the King of the Fairies. 15 years later, Lisa's brother Sam and his girlfriend Phoebe receive a call that Lisa has returned from fairies. This sets off a chain of events that opens up the mystery of Lisa's disappearance. Did she truly join the fairies, or was she taken by a human with bad intentions?

This book is intense! I kept wanting to read it because I didn't know where it was going. The book alternates between Phoebe in the present day and Lisa 15 years ago in the days leading up to her disappearance. Each chapter takes you deeper into the mystery. I really like it because you are never quite sure what is going on and whether the mystery is human designed, or fairy designed. The author has you walk a fine line between the two. I am left wondering right up to the last moment...

Don't worry, you find everything out at the end in the "big reveal", but there is always that question in the back of your mind. The writing is taut, clean and suspenseful. The plot is well paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat. There are twists and turns everywhere. You never know who you should trust and what their intentions are.

If you like thrillers or suspense, then definitely check this book out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Breathe a Word.