Judi's Reviews > Impulse

Impulse by Debra Webb

Dec 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011, amazon, dec, e-book, suspense-action, thriller, rom-suspense, favorites
Read on December 08, 2011

You better plan on reading this book in one sitting because once you start - you won’t be able to stop!

A-Mazing! If I was prone to bite my nails - there would be nothing left but the nubs. After the way Ms. Webb left me and all of her readers handing at he end of book one in the Faces of Evil series, (it was very, very evil on her part), I immediately had to start this book...even though it was late and past my bedtime and there was a very good chance I would be having nightmares. I’m not one for reading nail-biting, edge of your seat thrillers before bed because once the lights go out, every creak and groan my house has my eyes popping open and my heart racing. Impulse is not the book you want to be reading before bed...I should have taken my own advise. I wasn’t going to pull an all nighter and finish this book before bed...HA! I couldn’t stop reading, even despite the threat of nightmares. Oy Vey!

Impulse picks up immediately after Obsession ends. Jess and Dan have barely closed the case after rescuing five missing girls before the next nightmare rears it’s ugly head.

Jess finds herself under investigation by the FBI for her actions involving her handling of the case involving “The Player”, being offered a new job as Deputy Chief by her ex-lover and Police Chief Dan Burnett and being tormented by none other than Eric Spears aka The Player...or is she?

Jess knows beyond all doubt that somehow Eric Spears is involved as people close to Jess go missing. The Player is a mastermind at manipulation and he knows just what buttons of Jess’s to push. But the facts aren’t adding up for this profiler and the case has Jess and the entire police task force baffled. Is The Player really behind everything that is going on? Is there an accomplish doing The Player’s dirty work? Or is a copycat trying to make a name for himself and cash in on all the media attention?

Jess is going to have to put all her fears and feeling aside and try to outwit, outlast and outplay...The Player. The lives of people close to Jess hang in the balance if Jess can’t stay one step ahead of The Player and figure out his next move.

What an ending! Can’t wait to see what the next book in this series brings. Is it February 2012 yet?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Impulse.

12/08/2011
28.0% "I had to start this book immediately after finishing Obsession. It was waaaay late and I was waaay tired so I had to stop reading. It wasn't because I was scared and afraid of having nightmares if I continued reading...no it wasn't."
12/08/2011
65.0% "Not going to be able to finish this one tonight...not if I want to go to sleep without nightmares. Need to finish the night off with something light and funny to get my mind off grizzly scene I just finished. Back to Head over Heels it is."

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Nice review, Judi! Now that you've finished the book, I hope you sleep well. Again. ;)

Judi Thanks Baba. I really do need to read something light, funny or sexy! before bed. Reading scary or pulse-pounding is not advisable for me if I want to sleep.

ElaineY Thank you for mentioning that this picks up immediately after Obsession ends. I'd have hated to come to an open ending romance-wise (still am a romance-reader at heart) so with your most-helpful review, I went and checked out these two books and was delighted to discover they are also self-published on Smashwords. I snapped them immediately:)

Judi OH Elaine I hope you enjoy them both as much as I did. Just re-reading my review now has me wishing I could read it again. Let me know what you think.

ElaineY Do you know if the other books to follow going to be completely different stories and characters?

Judi Same main characters with Jess and Dan, but different cases and bad guys from what I can gather from the author.

ElaineY Judi wrote: "Same main characters with Jess and Dan, but different cases and bad guys from what I can gather from the author."

Oh:(
I don't like that because I get bored with the same old couple so looks like I'll only be reading Obsession and Impulse. Thanks for the info:)