Melissa's Reviews > Illuminate

Illuminate by Aimee Agresti

Dec 05, 11

This book is a new spin on Angels and Demons, good and bad! This book started out a little slow for me, I don't know why but once I got going I could not put it down. This book has an amazing world where the people are being manipulated, love, lust, the hot bad boy, the cute good boy and TONS of drama and betrayal. The whole book makes you feel as if you were there watching on the sidelines and wanting to be like WATCH OUT! But you know they would not hear you if it came to that!

Haven, she is a wonderful character any of us could relate to at one point in time. She is the girl nobody notices only to make fun of her, she has a crush on the most popular boy who doesn't notice her and she has only one friend Dante who is hilarious but not his type. Then she gets this wonderful offer with of course Dante and another student Lance. They are thrown into this world of rich and beautiful people! There is of course the bad boy Lucian who I instantly fell in love with and so does Haven, she can help but wonder why her, she finds some answers and her heart breaks a little but she becomes strong and kind of falling for Lance who again is a hottie without even knowing it. And throughout her journey she realizes she's being played to a point as the story goes on she is finding things out about herself and her friends. She is getting more self esteem and confidence and you just watch her grow and believe she is someone truly beautiful and pure.

This story will suck you in and make you fall in love with Haven, Lance, Dante and even Lucian. The story is spellbinding and i loved it! I recommend to you all to get this when it comes out in March 2012 :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illuminate.