Melissa's Reviews > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Dec 05, 2011

Love love love love love!!!! Seriously this book blew me away! I loved everything about it, the characters, the suspense, and the plot. This is one of those books that you cannot put down and have to read all night until you finish and that is exactly what I did!!!! The start of this book is like BAM, it hits you in the face and you are thinking I NEED to see what happens and you have all these questions and only amazing books can pull this off and Michelle Hodkin blew me away!

I LOVE MARA! That is all there is to it, she is seriously a top ranking female character in this book. You fall in love instantly and want to know what happens next. She has no idea whats going on, she lost her best friend, she's scared, everyone is walking on eggshells around her and she is starting at a new school and not knowing anyone. She runs into Noah and right off she is fascinated by him but also like FU and she is so funny when it comes to him. I laughed as much as I cried in this book and just everything keeps you on the edge of your seat. The suspense will almost kill you and again that is a MAJOR thing that I need and she has it. Michelle keeps you on the edge, biting your nails and sometimes jumping at weird noises!! Her characters Noah and Mara KILL me, they are so different but so alike. When Mara is realizing what she can do, she is freaking out a little bit and she has every right too, and seeing the ghosts of her dead friends, and one maybe not so dead friend. Throughout this book it is a rollercoaster o emotion for the characters and for us!

Noah stole my heart from when they first met! Some of the things he says throughout this book kept me laughing and in some places crying hysterically!!! You just need to read the book to meet him and see him the way I do

This book I recommend to you all, just try the first chapter and I think you will be hooked like I was. This is an amazing book I cannot say it enough!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.