Loy Machedo's Reviews > Now, Discover Your Strengths

Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham

Dec 06, 11

Are you in the right job career but at the wrong position?
OR
Are you in the right position but with the wrong job career?

Should you focus on your strengths?
OR
Should you focus on your weakness?

What are your key strengths?
And how many are there?

Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham, Donald O. Clifton is a brilliantly crafted book which can answer these questions or at least shed some light into answers you wanted so badly.

On the upside, I loved the test that I could take to get to know my personality and yes, it reinforced my beliefs about who I am.

But on the downside, I detested the all times the sales pitch that was so prevalent throughout the book. It seemed to me that the author was doing his best to sell his concept though I personally felt he didnt have to. And the second bit that I hated was the apologetic tone for which he wanted to justify the differences in personalities and the job careers they choose. He being the authority should have done so in a much more forceful manner.

Overall, given both the good, bad and ugly, I felt this book is a must read as it sheds light into knowing ourselves more distinctly and with more accuracy.

Overall ratings - 7/10
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Now, Discover Your Strengths.