Jennifer's Reviews > Poughkeepsie

Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia

Dec 28, 11

Read on December 28, 2011

Blow. Lick. Bite. Did that get your attention? This book will Blow you away while you Lick the drool from your mouth and Bite your lip as you read some of the scenes.

The story deals with an array of different characters that just go so well together. The author deals with some intense issues that usually people want to stay away from because they are uncomfortable to acknowledge. The author weaves the issue of homelessness, foster care, broken homes, love, hate, and so much more throughout the story. I was caught up in every word, emotion, and character.

You know you have been a part of something great when you just can’t seem to get back to normal for a while and there is a lingering effect. This one is just lingering with me like a second skin I can’t quite shed. I know I won’t be able to put into words exactly what I thought of this story because quite frankly words are just not enough. Each character was amazingly written. The background of some of the characters was just heartbreaking. My favorites were Blake and Beckett. So different from one another but yet they were compliments of each other. The author let the reader know each character intimately causing a deep connection for the reader.

The writing flowed from one scene to the next without missing a beat. The story had a sweet romance, a betrayal, hard lives, and loyalty. I thought the writing was amazing the way the story line of each character just led right into the current setting. The way the author gave background information transitioned smoothly never interrupting the story. It just added depth and detail to an already intriguing story. There were some memorable lines that had me smiling, laughing, crying, and blushing.

I must warn that some of the activities and language of the characters is a bit “colorful”. However, when you read the story and realize just what some of the characters had to live through you will forgive any foul language and possibly have some understanding of the circumstances that the characters are in. It isn’t for the faint of heart. You have to be willing to put some time in because you won’t put this down once you start. It is something you must see through to the end and then it will linger. Just remember…BLOW. LICK. BITE ;)
*I received a copy of this book for an honest review
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poughkeepsie.