Snarky's's Reviews > Why Men Love Bitches: From Doormat to Dreamgirl - A Woman's Guide to Holding Her Own in a Relationship

Why Men Love Bitches by Sherry Argov

Jun 12, 08

Mr. Angelina loves this book because he feels vindicated. He is in MAD hearts with the queen bitch (me, unless he has some other special lady friend I don't know about. In which case I have one thing to say: SHARE GODDAMIT.)

At three in the morning when a booty call won't take the hint, a gal doesn't call her mousy friend. She calls me. And with a hearty, "You're gonna have to get on up out of here, mutherfucker!" the assclown is tossed out on his keister. And if he doesn't back sass i might even give him his clothes.

Anyway, this book is not going to turn into some assertive, sassy, "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to. I know you ain't talking to me." kind of girl if genetics didn't already give you a head start. Also, if you need a book to tell you that owning your power and guarding it jealously is the only way to have a life free of foot marks on your back, well, you're basically fucked.

Still, this book did make me laugh and I did enjoy pretending to be offended and shocked when Mr. Angelina pointed out that I can be a little crispy.

Personally, if you're looking to learn to assert yourself, I'd suggest taking martial arts at some strip mall. Hey, a million skinny math nerds can't be wrong!
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Men Love Bitches.