Tana's Reviews > The Scarlet Dagger

The Scarlet Dagger by Krystle Jones

Dec 14, 11

Read in December, 2011

The Scarlet Dagger (The Red Sector Chronicles #1) by Krystle Jones

This is the first book I’ve read by Krystle Jones, her writing style was easy to read and she told us a good story, I really liked this book and I can see a lot of potential for this series. The descriptions were good and not overly done, good plot, I definitely will be looking forward to reading Dark Horizons book 2.

So we are introduced to 17 year old Sloane McAllister, vampire slayer. She is strong, independent and makes a great heroine, Sloane goal is to find her twin brother Owen who was taken by the vampires and she is unsure if he is dead or alive. Three years ago the world changed dramatically when the Eclipse occurred and the vampires tried to slaughter the human race. This lead to the remaining human living is the White Sector and Vampires living in the Red Sector.

Sloan has trained hard and decides she is going to enter the Red Sector with a weapon called the scarlet dagger which is deadly to the vampires. The guilt she feels deep inside will not allow her to give up hoping that she will find Owen alive.

Shortly after entering the red sector she is attacked and turned into a vampire by Aiden, you just know he is one of the main characters in this book, he is handsome, strong and Sloane of course is very attracted to him. But can she get past the fact that he destroyed her life and has turned her into the monsters she was meant to kill. She has always believed the vampires were monsters, blood thirsty and is she is having a hard time coming to terms with being a vampire. She still wants to get home even though she knows they may want to kill her. She decides to play along with them and get them to trust her knowing inside she is going to leave. She begins to make friendships and starts to fall in love with Aiden.

This novel has romance, drama, friendship and of course the vampires so who wouldn’t love to read Krystle’s book, I for one really enjoyed it. The best part is the villain and I won’t say anymore on that just go read the book.

I want to thank Krystle Jones for giving the Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Fanatics group the opportunity to read and review your book. It is great that an author gives her hard work away for free for us readers to review. So thank you for the opportunity to read your hard work.

I would recommend this book to all my friends who enjoy reading YA PNR/UF.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarlet Dagger.

dateDown_arrow    newest »