Inspired Kathy's Reviews > Why We Broke Up

Apr 20, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from February 29 to March 01, 2012

I'm giving away my copy of this book:
http://iamareadernotawriter.blogspot.... (ends 4/30/12)

I just did not love this one. I struggled to get through it and debated not finishing it multiple times. There was just too much language and content for me. And Ed "no offense" but I just didn't like you at all. Min was blind and stupid to ever see anything in you.

On a positive note I loved all the artwork & illustrations in this book. That's probably what kept me going. The way this book was written was unique and entertaining. I love Min's love of old movies although I wish he'd used real movies instead of making them up.

Rating: 1.5 Stars - Not My Kind of Book

Content: Lots of language including dozens of F words and sexual content. If you are not a fan of explicit language and teenage sexual content then skip this one.

Source: Review copy from Publisher
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why We Broke Up.

02/29/2012 page 89
25.0% "Not loving it but haven't given up yet. Kind of cool to have the art work mixed into the book."
03/01/2012 page 150
42.0% "Just not loving this one... too much language and no offense Ed but I just don't like you."
03/01/2012 page 255
72.0% "To finish or not to finish? That is the question. This just isn't my kind of a book :(" 1 comment

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela This didn't seem like a book with teen sex. Ah well, I'm still gonna read it. It's bought, so why not?

message 2: by Inspired Kathy (last edited Mar 01, 2012 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Inspired Kathy The book reflects back on her relationship with Ed and they can't seem to keep their clothes on, doing everything but most of the time.

message 3: by Angela (last edited Mar 01, 2012 05:46PM) (new)

Angela Ahahaha, that's kind of funny, in a weird way :/ I'm going to have to give this a try. Despite the characters incapabilities to keep their clothes on (I don't know why, but that makes me laugh, :P)

message 4: by Inge (new) - added it

Inge Huh, didn't expect that at all. That's a little disappointing. I don't mind reading about sex in a book but I do mind if it doesn't add anything to the story and it's nothing but sex.