Lily's Reviews > Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag

Bringing Home the Birkin by Michael Tonello

Dec 05, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: nonfiction-memoirs, nonfiction, book-club
Recommended to Lily by: Mary Mendoza
Read from January 02 to 10, 2012 , read count: 1

It was overall a light read and opened my eyes to the world of Birkins. Who knew how popular these handbags were or how much people were willing to pay for them!?! It was great to delve in to the world of high fashion, but I think I wanted a little more. With Michael just leaving the business at the end, I felt like there was no closure. Also, the formula was getting old in the story, as I got towards the end. Still...I'd recommend it for anyone in love with collectibles and fashion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bringing Home the Birkin.

01/09/2012 page 155
57.0% "Interesting read so far...love learning about the world of Hermes! Who knew that a purse could be in such demand?!? I wonder how many people can really succeed at what Michael has done from his Ebay biz and travel the world? Maybe it's time to contemplate a change in careers...would love to work from home and set my own schedule!"