Meg ♥'s Reviews > The Scarlet Dagger

The Scarlet Dagger by Krystle Jones

Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: e-books, review-copies, z-2011-reads
Read from December 05 to 07, 2011

I received this book to review from the R2R (Read 2 Review) program. Thank you for the book and the chance to read it.

I devoured this book in a few short hours. It was about 180ish pages on the Nook, and I did enjoy it. This was a dystopian about a teenage girl named Sloane. In the beginning she starts out in the white sector, a place where she is safe. She soon travels to the red sector which is full of vampires to look for her brother who is presumed dead.

The author's world building is honestly really good. You get transported easily, through her wonderful details. The plot was interesting enough, and had a little bit of mystery as well as a lot of excitement. Sloane is quite an awesome heroine. Very strong AND smart. She can handle herself, and she doesn't become all stupid when she meets a guy like so many other characters I've been reading about lately. (sorry for that little rant) But yeah. I loved Sloane.

The story moves very fast and that's a good thing. It's never boring, but I believe it went almost too fast at times. Some parts felt rushed and contrived. Sloane does get out of some sticky situations too easily. The book could have probably been a little longer, but for a first novel I think it's very good.

The story had some fun twists, and ends with a nice cliff hanger. I will continue this series when book two comes out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scarlet Dagger.