Yaz's Reviews > Blood Wager

2034791
Dec 17, 11

bookshelves: kindle-freebies
Read from December 07 to 08, 2011

Blood Wager is a classic -girl unexpectedly gets turned into a vampire - story, I found the writing a little simplistic in the beginning but as I became engrossed in the story, it didn't bother me.

Lissa is a grieving widow, turned by bored vampires trying to entertain themselves at her expense, she manages to escape and once she realises what has happened, adapts to her new lifestyle.

She makes a life for herself - a job, a place to live, friends- but it's all an illusion. Declared rogue, she is hunted, both by the vampire council and the vampires who turned her. And finding herself blackmailed and used by a pack of weres doesn't make this easier.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Wager.

message 1: by Hayat (last edited Dec 17, 2011 03:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hayat I agree with you on the simplistic writing, Yaz. This first book was definitely a working progress but luckily, the series improves with each book. So much so that I couldn't predict what would happen next. The plot and the character development in this series continues to amaze me. Keep reading Yaz because It gets better. ;)

message 2: by Yaz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yaz Hayat wrote: "I agree with you on the simplistic writing, Yaz. This first book was definitely a working progress but luckily, the series improves with each book. So much so that I couldn't predict what would hap..."

Hayat, I've bought book 2 and 3 so I intend to keep up with this series. Some of the choices Lissie made did annoy me. She took everything she was told by the weres at face value instead of trying to find out the truth herself. She didn't fight against them when they were blackmailing her. I would of thought she would of at least made an effort to get away from them.

Hayat Yes, Lissie is a bit naive and at times (or is that a lot of the time) I wanted her to call their bluff and do what is in her best interest. But as you read each book you find out more about Lissie and why she thinks and reacts the way she does and it makes sense. A lot of the choices made by some of the main characters really annoyed me but that's what I like about the series, the fact that they are not perfect.