Amy's Reviews > Blink and Caution

Blink and Caution by Tim Wynne-Jones

Dec 05, 2011

bookshelves: winter-2011, ya, essential-children-s-books
Read from December 28, 2011 to January 09, 2012

I loved Blink & Caution from the first page. Some reviewers say that Tim Wynne-Jones' command of second person gave him an easy ace, but that wasn't what did it for me. The prose flows perfectly from word to word, sentence to sentence, and the voice and point-of-view are completely appropriate given the psychological state of Blink's character. But, that's my analysis. I'm getting ahead of myself. If you want an endorsement beyond, read this book because you will like it, keep going.

Blink & Caution is a psychological thriller that follows the parallel lives of two runaways. Blink is a boy running from a broken home where his stepfather gets drunk and beats on his mother when he gets bored. Caution aka Kitty is running from her guilt over her brother's death. Our story begins when Blink accidentally stumbles upon what appears to be a kidnapping in progress and Caution realizes that the man she has shacked up with is even worse than she first thought.

As Blink tries to figure out what happened with the man he saw spirited away from the hotel that morning and Caution runs from her ex, their paths cross and they form an unlikely partnership to find truth and absolution.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blink and Caution.