Lisa Vegan's Reviews > The Whole Soy Cookbook, 175 delicious, nutritious, easy-to-prepare Recipes featuring tofu, tempeh, and various forms of nature's healthiest Bean

The Whole Soy Cookbook, 175 delicious, nutritious, easy-to-pr... by Patricia Greenberg

Jun 27, 07

bookshelves: vegan, vegetarian, cookbook, reviewed, non-fiction
Recommended for: those interested in soy for health
Read in January, 1998

Have this on my vegan as well as vegetarian shelf even though at least one recipe contains the non vegan ingredient honey, much to my disappointment. But I was afraid this book would be nothing but tempeh, a food I don't enjoy at all even though I think it's healthier than more processed soy products. But there are a variety of recipes and I appreciate that there is nutritional information displayed for each of them, including that for the amounts of protein & soy protein.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whole Soy Cookbook, 175 delicious, nutritious, easy-to-prepare Recipes featuring tofu, tempeh, and various forms of nature's healthiest Bean.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

rivka Since Pat is a vegetarian, but not a vegan, the honey is not surprising. I am going to have to check out her dessert cookbook -- I didn't know she'd published a second book.

I guess that's what happens when you don't happen to see someone for longer than a brief "hi" for a while. ;)

Lisa Vegan Rivka, Oh, I didn't know that either, about the 2nd cookbook. Guess what's probably going on my already unwieldy to-read list. I'll have to check it out. Actually, there are "vegan" cookbooks and "vegans" who use honey, just as there are those who eat animals such as chicken and fish who are "vegetarians," so honey shows up a lot. No biggie. About the easiest ingredient to substitute with another of the many sweeteners available. Anyway, thanks for the new cookbook information. - Lisa