Stephany's Reviews > Hot Zone

Hot Zone by Catherine Mann

Dec 10, 11

bookshelves: 2011, romance, thrillers
Read from December 05 to 09, 2011

Alabama attorney Amelia Bailey never imagined she would find herself trapped underneath a hotel building with her just-adopted nephew fighting for his life next to her. She had come to the Bahamas with her brother and sister-in-law to adopted baby Joshua and make sure everything went through the legal channels like they should. But then a terrible earthquake hits while Amelia and Joshua are alone in a hotel room (her brother and SIL had gone to get lunch for the four of them). Thanks to pararescueman, Hugh Franco, she is rescued - but not without a fair amount of difficulty after an aftershock hits the area they are trapped in, closing off their own entryway out of there.

Amelia and Hugh develop a bond where he can't seem to get her off his mind. After losing his wife and four-year-old daughter a few years ago, the last thing he is looking for is family. But after Amelia is rescued, they realize finding her brother and sister-in-law will be difficult. Amelia doesn't even know if they are still alive.

The rest of the book follows a very quick pace as Amelia and Joshua are taken by someone who is working for someone called The Guardian who is in the business of black-market adoption. Hugh follows her screams as they are taken and ends up being taken right along with them but able to escape with Amelia and Joshua. Unfortunately, they're in the middle of nowhere and need to find help before The Guardian finds them.

Romantic thrillers are my favorite types of books to read - if they're done right. I am a huge fan of authors like Suzanne Brockmann and Cindy Gerard and have been looking for a similar author to fulfill my romantic suspense need. I found it in Catherine Mann's writing. I was hooked from the beginning and could barely put this book down. It was a fast, good read with lots of complex characters and plot twists. Highly recommend.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Zone.

12/06/2011 page 83