Baba ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter's Reviews > Wild Man

Wild Man by Kristen Ashley
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4669232
's review
Feb 12, 12

Read from February 09 to 12, 2012

Tess said to Brock:
"You're a manly, macho, rough, wild, hot guy kind of sweet but you're sweet. I'm a mountainous swirl of frosting with a moist, rich cake as my core but you're smooth, delicious dark chocolate that tastes good from the second it hits your tongue and makes you want more the minute it melts away."

Wild Man starts right off in the middle of Brock and Tess's story. Tess is having sex with "Jake", and she is totally clueless about his identity since he's working undercover as a DEA Agent. He is investigating her drug dealing ex-husband and the possibility that she could be involved too. After Tess is arrested some evil stuff becomes visible, and when she knows that Brock "played" her, she decides it's over. But Wild Man Brock is on a mission and after three months he's back again.

That's my main censure. Sweet Tess just took him back. Admittedly, she was upset for about…5 minutes? But I wanted him to grovel, as in grovel!

After a look in the mirror Tess came to the uneasy knowledge that she had no clue who she was, no clue where she was going and no clue who she wanted to be. Therefore, sweet Tess has a craving to take a walk on the wild side together with Wild Man Brock "Slim" Lucas. Tess is scared but Brock said:

"Don't be. There's a wild that's fucked and there's a wild that's just plain wild. You just hooked yourself to a different kind of wild, Tess, and I swear, baby, swear," his arms squeezed before he finished, "I'll show you that's a good, safe place to be."

Brock learns all kinds of sweet things about Tess and he said:

"Tess, I learned somethin' early about you. You are the only woman I know who doesn't need words. Everything you do speaks for you and it never lies. Just your hand on me, babe, said it all."

I really liked the cake baking superhero Tessa a lot. She didn't bitch around like other heroines and it was pretty simple. With Tessa O'Hara what you see is what you get. No games, no masks, no lies, no nothing. Just Tessa.

The whole story revolves around the evolving relationship between Brock and Tess as well as some serious family conflicts. Brock's family is kind of crazy and Brock's ex-wife is one hell of a super bitch! As always the cast of secondary characters is great and gives this story so much more depth!

There were a few very intense, yet very touching moments that went straight to my core. I loved the commitment that these two showed to one another. Brock knew that he got lucky to have her in his life. With that said, Tess felt the same about Brock. There were lots of true feelings and emotions involved in Wild Man. It made everything so special.

Yeah, Brock, our Wild Man and Tess's snake charmer said all kinds of sweet things:

"I had maple buttermilk pie at dinner and chocolate cake during football but I still have a taste for somethin' sweet and the sweet I wanna eat right now is my Tess."

"It isn't the same. You're made of sugar, Tess, and it's a given you'd eventually get it good because people like you, sweet to the core, they deserve it. What I'm sayin' is I'm glad I'm the one who gets to give it to you."


In hindsight I can't believe that I put this story off for such a long time. Wild Man is another wonderful story written by the amazing storyteller Kristen Ashley!
34 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Man.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

02/09/2012
0.0% "It's good to be back on the Kristen Ashley Wave..." 2 comments
02/09/2012
11.0% ""This guy had it all, the walk, the voice, the hair, the ass, kid you not, I'd sell my soul just to run my fingers along his forearms," she leaned in and semi-whispered, "he's got these veins that pop out on his hands and forearms, freaking delicious." Oh jeez. Totally paid attention. Tsk-tsk...of course I paid attention, Tess!!!!" 7 comments
02/10/2012
38.0% ""I can get pissed and when I do, I've learned to let fly. I bury shit, it is not good. So I let it fly. But you, Tess, no matter how close you are to me when I flare or what pisses me off, you are never in any danger. I may lose it but I will never lose it in a way that I'll hurt you. That's a promise."" 7 comments
02/11/2012
87.0% ""You're a manly, macho, rough, wild, hot guy kind of sweet but you're sweet. I'm a mountainous swirl of frosting with a moist, rich cake as my core but you're smooth, delicious dark chocolate that tastes good from the second it hits your tongue and makes you want more the minute it melts away." Ohhhh,yessss!" 4 comments

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jill (new)

Jill Wonderful review as always Baba! I am going to get to Wild Man and MM as soon as I can. Unless KA releases another book before that.


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Jill wrote: "Wonderful review as always Baba! I am going to get to Wild Man and MM as soon as I can. Unless KA releases another book before that."

Thanks, Jill! Enjoy! LOL


message 3: by Mimi (last edited Feb 12, 2012 12:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Great review Baba! I am going to get back to KA books, too. It's in my soon TBR list. Another book I want to read always pops up just before I get to it, though. Since EVERYBODY is STILL reading them, I'll cave pretty soon:). I'm weak willed *le sigh*


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Mimi wrote: "Great review Baba! I am going to get back to KA books, too. It's in my soon TBR list. Another books I want to read always pops up just before I get to it, though. Since EVERYBODY is STILL reading t..."

LOL Mimi! KA has written so many good stories. With that said, it's pretty easy to pick a good one! :))


Mimi Smith Baba wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Great review Baba! I am going to get back to KA books, too. It's in my soon TBR list. Another books I want to read always pops up just before I get to it, though. Since EVERYBODY is ST..."

I'm debating between this series or the Rock Chick one. What do you think?


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Mimi wrote: "Baba wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Great review Baba! I am going to get back to KA books, too. It's in my soon TBR list. Another books I want to read always pops up just before I get to it, though. Since EV..."

That's easy, Mimi! I loved Mystery Man and Law Man. And I really liked Wild Man. So, I'd say give the Dream Man series a go! Jeez, I can't wait to read Tack's story (Motorcycle Man)!!


Mimi Smith Baba wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Baba wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Great review Baba! I am going to get back to KA books, too. It's in my soon TBR list. Another books I want to read always pops up just before I get to it, tho..."

With a nickname of Motorcycle man I can't wait to read it, either:). So, picking a series, further progress! Getting closer to picking it up;).


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Looking forward what you think about them, Mimi. :)


Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Fabulous review, Baba! For some reason, I thought you had read all of KA "Dream Man" books. In fact, I thought you had read all her books, but then I remembered she has a boat load of books and it might take a year to read them all. Yaaay for us!


Searock Yay for us!
Ha ha!


Karla Great review Baba. I liked that these two just made a go of their relationship and never wavered. They took the good and went with it. Tess was fantastic and Brock...what a find!


message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Great review Baba....although I really liked this one I didn't like it as much as Hawk or Mitch's books ☺


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Dee wrote: "Great review Baba....although I really liked this one I didn't like it as much as Hawk or Mitch's books ☺"

Thanks, Dee! I know what you mean. I loved MM and LW too and I really liked Wild Man!


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Karla wrote: "Great review Baba. I liked that these two just made a go of their relationship and never wavered. They took the good and went with it. Tess was fantastic and Brock...what a find!"

Thanks, Karla! I agree with everything you said! And they were truly perfect for each other! Sweet! :))


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "Fabulous review, Baba! For some reason, I thought you had read all of KA "Dream Man" books. In fact, I thought you had read all her books, but then I remembered she has a boat load of books and it ..."

LOL Thanks, Kristen! No, I haven't read every KA book and honestly, I won't. Since mysteries/vampires are not my cuppa I won't read them...


message 16: by Kristen (Peddler of Smut) (last edited Feb 13, 2012 11:32AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen (Peddler of Smut) Whoa. I didn't know she wrote vampire books. Hum... I have to admit, I'm a little apprehensive of her writing paranormal. I get confused enough with her all human worlds. I'm afraid I'd be lost in a paranormal world she created.


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Kristen wrote: "Whoa. I didn't know she wrote vampire books. Hum... I have to admit, I'm a little apprehensive of her writing paranormal. I get confused enough with her all human worlds, I'm afraid I'd be lost in ..."

LOLOLOL You're cute, Kristen! Yup, PNR is definitely not my cuppa and I don't want to give her books a bad rating when it could be my "bad" in case I can't get into the story.


message 18: by Mimi (last edited Feb 13, 2012 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Since I read, like, every romance genre known to man, the genre crossover won't bother me that much. The only thing that would is if they're not so good. Sometimes authors write something different to please the market, even if they aren't that good at it. An example-a lot of PNR writers are now writing YA series Vampires/Dystopian/Angels and whatnot, because, at the moment that sells. It's not that easy to change your MO and when something like that happens I'm usually disappointed. Still, I hope that doesn't happen here.


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter There are already readers who said that her PNR stuff is not as good as her contemporary romance books.


message 20: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Baba wrote: "There are already readers who said that her PNR stuff is not as good as her contemporary romance books."

Awww, too bad...


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Mimi wrote: "Baba wrote: "There are already readers who said that her PNR stuff is not as good as her contemporary romance books."

Awww, too bad..."


Hey, maybe you should give her PNR stuff a try...


message 22: by Mimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mimi Smith Baba wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Baba wrote: "There are already readers who said that her PNR stuff is not as good as her contemporary romance books."

Awww, too bad..."

Hey, maybe you should give her PNR stuff a try..."


Now, I'm the guinea pig. LOL

I will, definitely, but it's all about prioritizing. When I get back to reading KA again, it'll be: Dream Man series first, then Rock Chick series and afterwards is not decided...


Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Now, I'm the guinea pig. LOL

LOL Don't feel bad, Mimi! You don't have to do it for me though.


back to top