Kate's Reviews > Mine Is the Night

Mine Is the Night by Liz Curtis Higgs

Dec 05, 11

Read in March, 2011

Elizabeth and her mother in law Marjory Kerr start life anew along with Marjory's cousin Anne in poverty. Elizabeth a gifted seamstress seeks work to support herself and mother in law working for Michael Dalgliesh. She quickly begins spending time with Michael's son Peter and feels quite comfortable with him. Within a short time she is sent looking for new work at Bell Hill. Although not a resident of Bell Hill she longs for at least one friend there. The owner Lord Jack Buchanan befriends her and when Elizabeth tells of her marriage to him and of her husbands ways Jack feels the need to defend her (he is such a gentleman!) An old friend comes to work at Bell Hill and Elizabeth worries for her safety. Loved reading in the Scottish accent adds such a fun touch to the book especially the character of Gibson! Loved everything about this book held my attention and kept me wondering what would happen book flowed well and characters were very well developed. A fitting conclusion novel to the first Here Burns My Candle well done Mrs Higgs. Although this novel was part of a series it could very well stand on its own. I received this book for free from Waterbrook Multnomah for this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mine Is the Night.