Christel's Reviews > Dark Protector

Dark Protector by Alexis Morgan

Mar 28, 09

bookshelves: alexis-morgan
Recommended for: paranormal romance readers
Read in July, 2008

WOW!!

A very different Paranormal read. I really enjoyed this book. It is different from all the others that I have read. It goes on it's own tangent and it's not a rehashing of some other series.

Devilin is a Paladin, a member of an ancient brotherhood of warriors. They battle against the Others, monsters from a different dimension. Devilin is the leader of the Seattle branch. Paladins are guardians of "The Barrier", an energy barrier between our world and the Other's world. The barrier is the weakest around fault lines and volcanos. Paladins are destined to fight the others but they can be killed over and over again, only to regenerate and fight again time after time but they lose small peices of their humanity each time this happens.

Laurel Young is a doctor but she is a Handler of the Paladins. She nurses them back to health and monitors them to make sure they do not go totally crazy. If they do they must be put down like rabid animals for they are vicious. Laurel is Devilin's handler but she is falling in love with him and he is with her which is forbidden under the rule of the governing body of the Paladians, the Regents.

Phew!! Ok, i think I got that explained right, I hope. This book was different and I really like it. After awhile if you read the same genre after awhile it becomes all the same but this is different and refreshing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Protector.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim It does sound different - and orginal! For some reason laughed at battling 'monsters from a different dimension'. I haven't read anything like that either, unless you count vampires as a monster.

Julie (jjmachshev) I love this series and am waiting VERY impatiently for the first book of her new series (the Talions) coming out next week.
J