Stacey Jo's Reviews > Texas Winter

Texas Winter by R.J. Scott

1950408
Dec 18, 11

bookshelves: series-part-of, mm-cowboys-ranchers, mm-family-is-the-focus, 3-mm-i-own
Read on December 18, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This book made for an excellent sequel to The Heart of Texas. This one starts out a year after the end of The Heart of Texas, so we get to see Riley "Ri" and Jack as an established couple. The issue of them ever getting to be parents (we learn at the beginning that this is something that Jack was going to address with Riley at some point), is resolved when Riley learns that he is a father to an eight year old girl named Hayley. Both of them are thrilled to have her and accept her with open arms. Having a child there brings about the usual set of problems that arise when kids come into a relationship. On top of this, Jeff may be dead but he's still causing Riley all kinds of problems. Riley has moved on with his ethical explorations but Jeff created problems that have dragged the FBI into Riley's life which adds a great level of tension to the story line. On top of that, then we have a nasty family member from Hayley's mother's side who is causing Riley and Jack an extreme amount of trouble. Then poor Jack has drama of his own going in his family that has him pulling his hair out.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more with Riley and Jack. The book starts out with them but the rest focuses on Hayley, the investigation and all the stress and problems that come with them. Understandably, those things would lead to stress between them and a lot less sex, especially since Riley is so prone to expect Jack to walk out on him at the drop of a hat, but knowing what they mean to each other, I kept hoping for "more".

Needless to say, there is high drama, suspense, action, hot sex, angst, stressed husbands, worries, an FBI investigation, Riley and Jack being daddies, and the expected HEA. I dearly love Riley and Jack and hope to get another glimpse into their lives with another sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Winter.