Adrian's Reviews > Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Dec 11, 11

Read from December 04 to 10, 2011, read count: 1

This book was really, amazingly good! It really surprised me. I first saw this book in a bookstore and I thought that it sounded like an interesting book. I made a mental note to check into it online to see if I really wanted to buy it. I totally forgot about it until Goodread's yearly contest to vote on our favorite books of the year. I saw it again and immediately went and got a copy. I must say, I'm not disappointed at all.

The book follows a boy, Jacob, who sets out to understand his grandfather who recently died. The grandfather used to tell him all these stories about these kids he lived in a home with during WWII. All of the kids had special abilities. All of the stories were great for storytelling. Jacob had a few issues with his grandfather's death and started remembering all of the stories that his grandfather told him. Jacob set out to find the orphanage where his grandfather lived and learn as much about the home and his grandfather's childhood as he could.

All of the pictures in this book are authentic pictures. I absolutely LOVE the way the author included the pictures and weaved them into the story.

I can't say enough good things about this book. I definitely recommend it to adults as well as the YA crowd. I can't wait until the next book comes out and hopefully even the movie!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children.