Sarah's Reviews > Alien vs. Alien

Alien vs. Alien by Gini Koch

Dec 02, 2012

bookshelves: books-i-own-print, signed, for-review-read, favorites, read-in-2012, books-i-own-kindle
Read from November 18 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

Kitty and Jeff have started to settle into their new roles as the Alpha Centaurion Diplomats, a career in Washington politics may not have been something Kitty has always dreamed of but she can fake it with the best of them and she's becoming an expert at dealing with both politicians and reporters. If they were normal diplomats then photos showing Kitty in a compromising position with her best friend Chuckie might spell out disaster but they're actually the least of Kitty & Jeff's worries. What with android attacks, more superbeings than they can reasonably cope with and an interesting arrival giving the Poofs a run for their money tension levels in the embassy are high. And that was before Jeff and Chuckie vanish without a trace! Kitty must juggle crooked senators, blackmail attempts, an impending alien invasion and keeping her baby safe while at the same time tracking down the two most important men in her life before their kidnappers can do them irreparable harm. Pretty much a normal day then, but this time she has to do it without the help of Jeff and Chuckie.

I've been a massive fan of Gini Koch's Katherine "Kitty" Katt series ever since I picked up Touched by an Alien last year. In fact it is one of my favourites - one of those series that I pre-order each instalment as soon as it becomes available on Amazon and one that I drop everything else to read as soon as I have the book in my hands. So I can't tell you how excited I was when Gini offered to send me and advanced review copy of Alien vs. Alien, I literally could not wait to start reading it! I had incredibly high expectations for the sixth book in the series but I'm happy to say that Gini not only met them - she surpassed them.

Fans of the series will know exactly what to expect when picking up one of Gini Koch's books. Her trademark humour, action packed story lines and shocking twists make for an edge of the seat thrill ride that will leave you breathless. Alien vs. Alien has all of that and then some and picking up any book in this series like sitting down with old friends for a catch up. I'm immediately sucked into Kitty's world and I'm irritated when real life gets in the way and stops me from reading. I was worried that Kitty and Jeff would have less drama and action in their lives now they're working as diplomats rather than heading up operations but if anything their lives have just got even more complicated. The threats are coming from so many different directions that it is hard to tell which enemy poses the greatest danger to them.

It was strange to see Kitty without Jeff by her side but I really enjoyed watching her prove herself a force to be reckoned with. Nobody is going to get away with taking Jeff from her and she is just as protective of her best friend Chuckie. Thankfully she still has plenty of people she can rely on, I love her working partnership with Richard but of course she still has Chris, Reader and the flyboys to back her up as needed. Without a doubt it is Kitty's wacky way of looking at things that is going to save the day though. I have been a fan of the Poofs since they were first introduced to the series but all I'm going to say is watch out for the latest delivery from Alpha Centaurion, it's guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. That and the new "woman" who is competing with Kitty for Jeff's affection! Alien vs. Alien is a fab instalment to a fantastic series and I'm already dying to get my hands on Alien in the House for my next Martini fix. If you're already a fan of the series then you need to get hold of this book immediately - if you haven't started reading it yet then you really don't know what you're missing.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien vs. Alien.

11/18/2012 page 1
0.0% "I can't wait any longer - I need my fix of Jeff & Kitty hijinks!! :-)"
11/19/2012 page 76
17.0% "Picking up a book in this series is always like sitting down with old friends for a catch up! I love it :-)"
11/19/2012 page 127
29.0% "Just when I think Kitty's life couldn't get any more interesting she goes and gets a very funny new delivery!"
11/19/2012 page 227
52.0% "I love these books!! That is all"
11/20/2012 page 314
72.0% "I wish I'd had more time to read over the last few days - I'd have devoured this in one sitting if I could have! In a way it's a good thing I've not had more time though because it's letting me savour every minute :-)"

message 1: by Lyndi (new) - added it

Lyndi Aha! I was hoping I could find somebody I could ask about this and it's your lucky day, girlfriend! Kitty died while giving birth in er... book 4, I think. But everyone kinda glosses over it and shrugs it off because she survived. In book 5, it's mentioned once when one of the Dazzlers gives birth. So, is it mentioned/explained AT ALL in this 6th book? It's part of the reason I've been putting off reading it, because I couldn't believe that something SO big was basically forgotten about. I had expected a big reveal in book 5, but no. So, will I get my wish, dear Sarah? Will I? Huh? Huh? Huh? xo

Sarah LOL sorry Lyndi but I don't remember it being mentioned at all in this book either. I'm trying to remember exactly what happened when she gave birth and how she survived but my mind is coming up blank. I think I'm going to have to re-read the scene I now think LOL

message 3: by Lyndi (new) - added it

Lyndi *repeated head desk* She flew through the universe and stuff! How could Gini Koch not address this?! Agghhhhh! I'll get over it. :(

Sarah I don't even remember feeling like anything was left unresolved so I obviously missed something when I read it LOL