Diane's Reviews > Mad Ship

Mad Ship by Robin Hobb

Dec 18, 11

Recommended to Diane by: Robin Hobb
Read from December 04 to 17, 2011, read count: 1

This book was a terrific second book in the series. I think the author does a very nice transition between the novels in her series. There is little, if any time lapse between books. She also gives some background information of what happened in the previous novels for those who may have not read this book right after the first one. I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait for each novel in the trilogy to be published, but can rather read them one right after the other.
I really loved this book. We got to know each of the characters better and perhaps find that they are perhaps not all good or bad. I still haven't made up my mind about Kinnett...sometimes I really like him and sometimes I think he is a pretty immoral character. There are a couple of other characters in the story that I am undecided about.
I also like the way that the author gives out bits of information about some of the mysteries in the book and then sort of lets the reader mull over these sparse facts and try to figure out just what happened. I am mostly referring to Paragon, but also wonder about Kinnet's past too. I highly
recommend this book and am already enjoying the third and last book in this trilogy. I am very glad that I decided to read this trilogy. I read the Farseer trilogy first and just wanted to continue on with the Tawny Man trilogy, since the same characters that I so loved were in both trilogies. However, Ms. Hobb recommended that I might perhaps want to read the trilogies in order. This trilogy takes place timewise somewhere in the middle of the 15 years or so that take place between the Farseer Trilogy and the Tawny Man trilogy. I am very glad that I listened to her!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad Ship.