Aden's Reviews > A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, female-pov, fiction, magic, male-pov, court-intrigue
Read from December 04, 2011 to February 27, 2012

I did like it, but I don't see myself re-reading it any time soon. There were more major moments in the previous books, though I really enjoyed the Martell's chapters. Some interesting things came to light, only to leave you still asking questions about the whole mess. At one point Samwell thinks something about how if one thing happens, the kingdom will fall to pieces. Oh Sam, it's a little late for that.

Something I really enjoy is how characters that you wouldn't expect to interact end up meeting in some fashion. (view spoiler) Nymeria is still clearly stalking the woods where she was sent off, even if there's only been one person that even considered that connection. Jamie's still trying to make do with what's been handed him and still retain what honor he has gathered, even if no one really knows, cares, or understands. Much has changed after what happened at the Red Wedding and the consequences are far spread.

I know Martin makes an explanation about why there weren't as many Wall or Dany chapters, and I understand that. The thing is that he makes it sound like the next book will be choked with those chapters. I don't hate them, I just dread a book full of them. I guess we'll have to see how that goes when I pick it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Feast for Crows.

02/20/2012 page 926