Bailey (IB Book Blogging)'s Reviews > Winging It

Winging It by Deborah Cooke

WINGING IT is an exciting and fast-paced follow-up to its predecessor FLYING BLIND. Zoe is back with a vengeance and determined to fulfill her role as Wyvern. Of course, it isn't that easy when all of her powers haven't manifested and she has drama at home with her parents. If you loved FLYING BLIND, you are sure in for a good time with WINGING IT.

Zoe is so honest and real. She may be one of the Pyr and a Wyvern to boot, but she still has the same problems every teenage girl does. Jared is very hot and cold and she has no idea what to do about him! Oh, and there's this new guy Derek who may have a thing for her and a secret of his own. Her friendship with Meagan is way rocky and she doesn't know what to do! On top of all of this, she has to deal with the Mages who may have signed a peace contract with the Pyr, but definitely don't plan to honor it no matter what the adult Pyr may think.

I cannot get over how much I love this series. It is so exciting and action packed, and yet somehow I can still relate to everything with all the teenage drama involved. Zoe is a wonderful protagonist whose honesty shines through. The Pyr and their abilities are awesome! Every time I dive into this series, I become mesmerized and I cannot escape until the very last page.

The only problem I had with WINGING IT is Zoe's "best friend" Meagan. She is so annoying and I cannot help but wish that she would just go away, or that Zoe would drop her on her behind. She constantly bugs Zoe and says she isn't her real friend just because she keeps a few things from her. I'm sorry, but that is not cool. I don't care how close you are to someone, it should still be okay for you to keep quiet about some things, especially in Zoe's case.

Besides Meagan, I highly enjoyed myself with this one! Full of drama, romance, and startling revelations, WINGING IT is sure to entrance you!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winging It.