Alex is The Romance Fox's Reviews > Dreamfever

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jun 09, 12

bookshelves: favorites-books, urban-fantasy, series, authors-i-o
Read in May, 2012, read count: 1

"I STILL HATE IT
BUT I GET IT NOW"
from Mac's Journal............I am so enthralled by Mac and the world she has discovered never existed in her previous life and I follow her wherever she goes.

I am so immersed in this series…..just can’t get enough!!!!!
After being left breathless…again…by the cliffhanger in Faefever…see my review http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/71... I needed to find out what happens Mac…what could possibly be worse than her experience with the Unseelie Princes?? Suddenly realizing I did not have a copy of Dreamfever….OMG….i wanted it now….i spent a day trying to find a copy…yes….it was sold out at most of the bookshops…I even tried secondhand shops..no luck. Eventually I was told 1 copy was available at a bookshop which is miles away from my home…but did that stop me????? Absolutely not……….dashed off and that night I again found myself in Dublin and in Mac, Barrons and the Fever World!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn’t stop turning the pages…and my love for Mac & Barron kept growing as I continued spending time in their world.
Mac’s journey is going through some dark moments but she’s stronger than she was before..and it is this inner strength of hers that she is able to survive being turned Pri-ya (sex slave) by the Unseelie Princes.

Having been rescued by Dani (so happy to hear that she’s going to have her own story) and taken to the abbey, where she is imprisoned by the wicked Rowena – she’s definitely hiding something – before Mac is rescued by Barrons. The rescue scene is really touching….confirms how much he cares for her.
Mac’s sex addiction is complete and Barrons does everything for her to try and come back from the hell she is at. They are growing closer to each other and to finding the darn book of evil!!!!!!!!!!
The human world is quickly being overtaken by the dark Fae….and Mac, as she comes out of her addiction, discovers more of her powers and is prepared, even more so now, that no one and nothing will step on her quest to attain her quest.

There are still so many questions left at the end of this book…..Who and what is Barron’s? Why is he feared so much…even by V’lane…who is more than what he appears to me….he has some agenda that I feel is going to surprise us.

The Lord Master is determined to get something from Mac and even kidnaps her parents to force her hand. What does Mac have that everyone wants it? Who is she really???? I think more than what we are led to believe…more than just a sidhe-seer. She is the catalyst to either the saving or destruction of the human world..and perhaps even the fae as well.

The cliffhanger in this book devastated me……..if I for one moment thought the previous cliffhangers stunned me……..this one shocked, angered, saddened me.
I wanted to scream at the betrayal and lies that caused such pain to Mac. No, this cannot happen I said to myself. Why???? For what reason????? Why didn’t Mac trust Barrons?????
The last sentence had me in tears……..”For a time, I have no idea where he ends and I begin”.

I wish I had the next book, Shadowfever…but the hardcover is sold out and I will have to wait for the paperback edition, which I hope will be soon. I know that it will be an incredible ride and finally have the answers to all our questions in Mac’s story.
Fever Series is an EPIC fantasy journey and I urge anyone who loves urban fantasy to read this series. You will love it as much as I do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamfever.