Dee's Reviews > The Ghost and the Goth

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

Jun 01, 12

bookshelves: i-own, all-time-favorites, ya-paranormal-romance, cracked-me-up, favorite-guys
Read in December, 2011

Definetely a good start to a series. Alona and Will are probably one of my favorite fictional couples. They mesh so well and balance each other out. A loner who's supersweet boy deep inside + a sarcastic, egotistical cheerleader = CHAOS. But then again, a good kind of chaos! So much witty lines cracked me up and took me completely. I love their chemistry! They make me melt. THAT'S what I have always longed for in a book, every book that I read but only a very few authors seem to achieve that kind of power to move me and really make me feel the emotion. Killian's pretty sexy too. It's been a while since I've been smoldered by a fictional guy and hey, K, I'm definetely starting to like you, really. Alona's adorable! She makes me laugh a lot and underneath those walls of hers, there is someone soft.

I fell for Stacey Kade's writing right away. It was hard not to, with her great talent for contemporary writing, who could resist? Since Kade's done a great job in both their P.O.V's, it felt more like reading their diaries than reading a book which is another thing that I've always looked for in a book. This book gave me mixed feelings such as anger, pity, sadness and plenty others. Mostly, this book brought me several realizations about dying and the afterlife. And Alona was a character I loved and hated at the same time. I pitied her most of all because of what everyone whom she thought loved her did after she finally died. This a short but fun read. It gave me a break from all those boring and dissapointing books that I've always looked forward to reading but failed me. I was finally able to breathe well. There were certain parts that were boring but nonetheless, the pace was kept again as it went on. With just a litte more lines that could tug at the heartstrings, I could've given this a five. Looking forward to reading book 2!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Goth.

Quotes Dee Liked

Stacey Kade
“She shrugged and flipped her glossy hair behind her shoulders. "What else do you have to do with your time besides think about stuff like this? It's not like you're real heavy into extracurriculars. Besides, you're all, like, goth and into the dead, right?"
Alona Dare, queen of the insult-compliment. "Wow. Thanks. Anyone ever tell you you're good with people?"
She frowned. "No."
"Good. I'm not goth."
"Your hair is black, you have piercings, you wear black all the time and act all freaky-"
"My hair is naturally this color. I have three earings in one ear, that's it. This shirt" -I tugged at the fabric across my chest- "is navy blue, and if I act weird all the time, it's because of ghosts like you.”
Stacey Kade, The Ghost and the Goth