Charissa Sophia de la Rosa's Reviews > The Cry Of The Icemark

The Cry Of The Icemark by Stuart Hill

I bought this book last 2010 in a book fair at my school and after reading it, set it aside. But now that I rummaged through my library and saw it again, I decided to read it. But then, after I read the first paragraph of the first page, I got hooked just like what happened to me two years ago! With this book, you'll never get bored!

What I Love:

-The plot and writing style! Excellent made and perfectly-written!
I'm not a fan of war books, but because of this masterpiece, it made a boring war story to a suspense one that'll make you turn the pages non-stop! No wonder Cornelia Funke complimented this series "Remarkable,"!

-The characters! Anyone can totally relate to them.

Thirrin Freer Strong-in-the-Arm Lindenshield is a fourteen year old girl who is the princess of the Icemark kingdom. A strong and fierce girl who'll do anything to save her kingdom against the conquerors. A true leader and wise beyond her years.

Oskan is a good teenage wizard who is the son of the famous White Witch named Annis (if I'm not mistaken). He knows a lot about medicine and magic. A companion of Thirrin in her quest to save Icemark. And, obviously, (view spoiler)

And many other characters!

-The title! It totally describes the whole book! The Cry of Icemark, truly beautiful! It means that the Icemark is currently suffering in agony that's why they're crying in pain and Thirrin, as a princess, is someone who can save her kingdom from the conquerors.

-The cover! It's so beautiful!

What I Dislike:

Just like Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver, I didn't find anything I dislike.

Conclusion:

The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill is a really great fiction novel that everyone should read. Full of action, adventure, romance, drama and many others, readers would totally love! That's why I'm giving this five stars!

A MUST READ!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cry Of The Icemark.

Lin Marie  *(I am a different person. Thank you.)* Very well said Char. ;)

Charissa Sophia de la Rosa Thank you Lin! :D

Kayln I have nothing else to add or nothing to complain about with this review. No wonder this is one of my favorite books!!