Maria_Love_For_Books's Reviews > One Salt Sea

One Salt Sea by Seanan McGuire

Dec 04, 2011

bookshelves: fae
Read from December 04 to 05, 2011

I need to calm down! I need to calm down NOW!!

WOW, what a book! Definitely, one of the best books that I’ve ever read! Seanan McGuire is genius! “One Salt Sea” is the fifth book in the October Daye series and I think the best so far.

A book about honor, love, loss and sorrow. A book about changes. A book about power. Not physical power, but the most important one: the power to do the right thing. The story has to many lessons. How to avoid a war because every war has consequences. How to save someone you love. How to free someone you love. How to be there for the one you love without saying anything. But the most important lesson is how to accept changes, because the world changes all the time and nobody can do anything about that.

In this book, Toby has to surpass herself. She has to prevent a war, save two children and another person she loves very much. She has her friends beside her but she has to make great decisions. She has to endure a lot but she doesn’t complain. I find wonderful that she cares so much about Quentin and Raj because they are both young and she wants to preserve their innocence although and the end it’s impossible. Both of them, have great respect for her and they are all the time in her house driving her crazy.

Connor is her lover in this book. He loves her very much and at the end he proves his love with a great sacrifice. He is kind and brave in his own way and determined to be good for her.

But the one that surprised me the most, as always, is Tybalt. He was amazing in this book! He was the “silent force” for her. He was a great help, adviser and at the end he did all the right things. I think that he and Toby have a great future ahead!

The plot is amazing and the writing style excellent. The world-building in this series in one of the best in an urban fantasy book! I totally recommend it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Salt Sea.